Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Warranties are awesome!

Ok, so I know it sounds dramatic, but I am ready to have my sanity back! Lately it seems that everything in my house is making awful noises, including my lovely little girls that are into chasing eachother around screaming and growling. First it was the garbage disposal that sounded like it had a metal object stuck permanently inside, then I discovered that it was leaking under the sink so I haven't been able to use it, or that side of the sink for months. Then the dishwasher started making a horrible noise that progressively got worse until it sounded like my whole house was going to explode (i'm not exaggerating!) and I hate to hand-wash dishes, so I have been waiting until we leave the house to turn it on, which I usually forget to do so I have a sink full of dishes which drives me crazy! Next came the TV, which is not even a year old; one of the fans went out so it made a buzzing, humming noise the whole time the tv is on.
But there is an end in sight, not to say that having all of these things fixed will bring my sanity back, but there's hope right?! When we bought the house they gave us a home warranty for the first year, which the papers somehow got misplaced, so we haven't been able to use it since we didn't even know the companies name. Last week in the mail I got a letter from the warranty service to renew our home warranty!!! Finally, I can get everything fixed!! Long story, kind of short, they sent a repairman to fix the dishwasher which turned out to have a bad motor which would cost about $500 to fix, so they are sending us a brand new dishwasher and all I had to pay was a $50 deductible! The repairman for the garbage disposal stood me up yesterday, but I'm sure that won't be able to be fixed either. The T.V repairman came and replaced the fan; it is quieter than ever and it was still under warranty so I didn't have to pay anything to get it fixed. Now if I can find a way to keep the girls from running around the house screaming, growling, and fighting I may not go crazy! I know that won't happen, but at least I will be able to use my whole sink, have clean dishes, and watch my quiet TV!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of owning a home! This is kinda funny... My disposal also has something stuck in it, my dishwasher won't clean my dishes and we have already had a repairman out. Also, our TV has a permanent line across the top of it. Sometimes I miss my renting days where I could just call the landlord!

Shalae said...

Isn't it funny how such little things can really get on your nerves at the end of the day. I can't imagine not having a dishwasher. I put EVERYTHING that will fit in there so I don't have to wash them by hand! Cursed is the day my dishwasher dies.

The Lierd's said...

ahh!! i need one for our dryer!! good for you!! a good way to have quiet kids is to leave them in the home and walk out locking the door behind you and go shopping... you won't hear them for hours. i did this just yesterday and it was great! haha! just kiding, but really Tim needs to be a babysitter one weekend and we need to have a girls night out!