Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Father's Day was pretty low-key at our house this year. I had good intentions of giving Tim the same kind of relaxing day that I was given on Mother's day, but I didn't do quite as good as he did. Tim still made Sunday morning breakfast; in order to make it to church by 9:00 this is the only way anyone gets to eat! Tim and I had to teach the youth Sunday School class, which added a bit of stress to the day since we didn't even look at the lesson until we got to church. All of the men got pie at the end of church, so I think that made up for having to teach the class! Once we got home Tim got to take an undisturbed nap, which doesn't happen often around here! He then got to spend the rest of the afternoon watching whatever he wanted on TV, while Lexi and I cleaned up the house. My Dad flew in from Salt Lake so we got to have him over for our Father's Day dinner. Sorry Tim, no Lemon Mirengue pie this year, but I promise I will start practicing so maybe by next year it will be half as good as your mom's!
I am so thankful for Tim and for all that he does for our family, he is an amazing father and the girls truly adore him. I also want to say THANK YOU to our dads who are both such great examples to us and our kids, we love you so much!! Happy Father's Day!


No comments: